NZESF.net

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

2 years and still trying

sinder
    Recruit
    Recruit

Number of posts : 11
    Position / Job Title : Security
    Registration date : 2010-09-10

2 years and still trying Empty 2 years and still trying

Post by sinder Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:09 am

I have done all the testing and passed, but am still fighting to get in because of someone sitting at a desk in Wellington. Now it looks like i will have to fight the age barrier as well.
    jacob
    jacob
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Number of posts : 180
    Position / Job Title : NZESF admin!!1!
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

2 years and still trying Empty Re: 2 years and still trying

Post by jacob Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:21 am

were you told something from PNHQ regarding your application? or are you just still waiting?
    Itsallablur
    Itsallablur
    Recruit
    Recruit

Number of posts : 19
    Position / Job Title : Potential recruit
    Registration date : 2010-08-02

Post by Itsallablur Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:03 am

Hi Sinder, I started recruitment 12 months ago. I have kept myself very busy and the time has flown by.

With recruitment targeting younger people, my age may also make the wait even longer. I am willing to wait it out, however long it may take.

Hang in there and hopefully one day we will get the magical call up.
    sinder
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post by sinder Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:42 am

I have been turned down because i went to Iraq and did not supply enough info although the recruiter thought i had given more than enough . Still in the fight though.
    Johnno
    Johnno
    Superintendant
    Superintendant

Number of posts : 1270
    Position / Job Title : Police & Fire
    Registration date : 2008-02-14

Post by Johnno Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:25 am

What information did they ask for?
    sinder
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post by sinder Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:56 pm

They require a complete brake down of every deployment. They consider a deployment as every-time you leave a safe area. As i did over 600 missions into the"red zone" and only one "incident", this info i not available. You only had mission briefs for the mission and if it went off no problem, you forgot about it and planned the next. I also answered all there specific questions that they asked. The recruiter told me that they where very well answered. I also submitted 160 mission briefs plus a copy of our standard operating procedures that i still had copy's of to show the planning involved with every mission. But still they believe it is not enough info and I/we present a significant risk to harming ourselves and others. I also know of 4 other ex police in the same boat. One took himself to get physiologically tested by the police physiologist and passed as having no signs of PTSD or any other issues.Yet he was still turned down. It seems that no matter what we do it will not be enough. Not everyone goes crying to the corner after a traumatic situation, but some people can not understand this. I was considered by the recruiter and by all the police i scoped with as an above average candidate. I even stopped a mongrel mob member trying to escape being arrested in my first 15 mins on scope.
    hallidash
    Recruit
    Recruit

Number of posts : 18
    Position / Job Title : Constable
    Registration date : 2011-01-24

Post by hallidash Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:35 pm

i have heard of this issue and it seems to be a reaccuring theme which is very interesting because i have worked with many people who were ex army, navy and airforce and they didn't seem to have any issues, i believe it is an issue though that the police association has taken up. check out previous isues of the magazine on their website.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:37 pm