NZESF.net

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

PAT and a health question

homer
    SCOPE
    SCOPE

Number of posts : 6
    Position / Job Title : interested
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

PAT and a health question Empty PAT and a health question

Post by homer Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:52 am

Hi Guys

It's been a long time since I've been on these boards, 1.5-2 years ago probably. Not sure how active these are any more, but hopefully there's someone out there who can answer my questions.

When I was last around I was about to go through the PAT - failed, which sucked, but then what sucked even more was that I was told that that was it, and it was all over for me.

Everything was ok apart from the press ups - got to 31, and that was it, missed out by 3 (though did around 38, but not all were counted, wrong technique) Accepted I didn't do well enough, was expecting to be stood down, and get another chance, instead got told it was over.

I'd been to several rehearsals, and we'd been told you generally got 2 chances to do the PAT. In my last rehearsal I'd be able to do 40 press ups, so thought they might have taken that into account, but no.

Anyway, appealed this, and got no where, and before I could take it further, ended up on the waiting list for hip surgery - torn connective tissue in the joint - so put the police thing on the back burner - no point in going further while waiting for an op - which I have just had.

Anyway - and thanks for still reading - I'm getting to my questions now!

1) What have your experiences been on PAT attempts? Just the one and that's it, or several? I know that on my test day there was at least one guy who'd failed the run a year ago, and was back again. Also, a cop I know told me several months after my failure that there was a guy on SCOPE who'd failed the maths and the run, but was allowed to carry on with the process and go back for the maths and PAT.
    Seems to be local and national inconsistencies.
    In the old days when they scored PAT results with 1-3, I would have been fine, I think, but who knows.

2) This is a bit more worrying - during my surgery they discovered some secondary arthritis at the top of the femur - not too serious, and caused by the injury to the joint. Just wondering if anyone knows if this is an automatic fail. Anyone applied/know anyone who has been successful with this condition?

Anyway, thanks for any advice anyone has:)

Cheers
    homer
    SCOPE
    SCOPE

Number of posts : 6
    Position / Job Title : interested
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

PAT and a health question Empty Re: PAT and a health question

Post by homer Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:43 am

note - I did a post similar to this over a year ago asking the same question re PAT, but thought I'd ask again just to see if anyone had anything new to suggest - thanks!
    Mattz
    Mattz
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Number of posts : 279
    Position / Job Title : In the pool, the Waiting Pool
    Registration date : 2008-08-09

Post by Mattz Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:50 am

... tumbleweeds here by the looks of things. Shocked
    Johnno
    Johnno
    Superintendant
    Superintendant

Number of posts : 1270
    Position / Job Title : Police & Fire
    Registration date : 2008-02-14

Post by Johnno Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:43 pm

I've no idea on that one sorry, but I'd say if you can get up to, and stay at the required level you'd be ok.

At the moment, recruiters can pick and choose I'm afraid.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:08 am