NZESF.net

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
K1 10/3
chch.3rdwatch
Kakapo
Tom
madball
LEO
mike22nz
Johnno
kimmy01
homer
14 posters

Recruitment, PAT, whole lot of stuff!

Johnno
    Johnno
    Superintendant
    Superintendant

Number of posts : 1270
    Position / Job Title : Police & Fire
    Registration date : 2008-02-14

Recruitment, PAT, whole lot of stuff! - Page 2 Empty Re: Recruitment, PAT, whole lot of stuff!

Post by Johnno Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:16 am

riksta wrote:As for the 'no cake'...I guess you're not coming to Tauranga then?

Who'd want to?

It's covered in oil.
    chch.3rdwatch
    chch.3rdwatch
    Superintendant
    Superintendant

Number of posts : 990
    Position / Job Title : Police - sworn
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Recruitment, PAT, whole lot of stuff! - Page 2 Empty Re: Recruitment, PAT, whole lot of stuff!

Post by chch.3rdwatch Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:13 am

Twisted Evil

but really
    Crying or Very sad
    Johnno
    Johnno
    Superintendant
    Superintendant

Post by Johnno Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:37 am

Too soon?

But seriously, what a hell of a stuff up.
    LEO
    LEO
    Assistant Commissioner
    Assistant Commissioner

Number of posts : 1410
    Position / Job Title : GDB
    Registration date : 2007-12-20

Post by LEO Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:02 am

Crack me up...you cheeky bugger!?!

But it's not covered in oil...I took my kids to the main beach yesterday, and it was actually quite clean, I was very surprised. However, I hear that Papamoa Beach was breaking black.

The situationjust keeps compounding, what with the oil, then the containers, then all the crap inside the containers spewing out, and the possibility of the ship breaking up and dumpong the rest of everything else it has still on board.

There are several people I'd like to see put in a container and set adrift...
    Johnno
    Johnno
    Superintendant
    Superintendant

Post by Johnno Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:13 am

I heard a rumour, please note, RUMOR, that they were trying to catch the tide in Tauranga Harbour hence the speed and may have tried to take a short cut.
    Sam
    Sam
    Superintendant
    Superintendant

Number of posts : 714
    Position / Job Title : Sloth
    Registration date : 2008-03-05

Post by Sam Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:20 am

Police Fighting

Last edited by Sam on Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not in public forum...)
    JD
    Senior Constable
    Senior Constable

Number of posts : 67
    Position / Job Title : Police recruit
    Registration date : 2009-03-25

Post by JD Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:42 pm

As for the cake thing i just got my scope letter and it says at the end ps it is a tradition for scopees to bring cake on there 1st night lol!
    chch.3rdwatch
    chch.3rdwatch
    Superintendant
    Superintendant

Number of posts : 990
    Position / Job Title : Police - sworn
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by chch.3rdwatch Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:44 pm

!?!?!? Seriously!? I'm sure that'd look good in the media...Recruitment, PAT, whole lot of stuff! - Page 2 Facepalm
    LEO
    LEO
    Assistant Commissioner
    Assistant Commissioner

Post by LEO Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:30 am

Who's gona be the plonker SCOPIE who's gona ruin their chances by taking that letter to the media?

And who'd give a shit about it?
    Mattz
    Mattz
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Number of posts : 279
    Position / Job Title : In the pool, the Waiting Pool
    Registration date : 2008-08-09

Post by Mattz Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:36 am

Why the name change Leo?

I have a few things in writing and emails from RO's that would go down like a cup of cold sick if they got out there, mainly to do recruits not getting in due to being the wrong demographic.

Not that I would pass the info on even if chances of getting in or wanting to carry on now are next to nil anyway.

Last edited by Mattz on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    JD
    Senior Constable
    Senior Constable

Number of posts : 67
    Position / Job Title : Police recruit
    Registration date : 2009-03-25

Post by JD Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:09 am

How long have you been waiting Mattz and why dont you think youll get in anymore?
    Mattz
    Mattz
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Number of posts : 279
    Position / Job Title : In the pool, the Waiting Pool
    Registration date : 2008-08-09

Post by Mattz Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:55 am

Thread hijack sorry..

JD, I started the process in 2008, needed to have Lasik for my eyes, but was pushed through to do everything else fairly quickly while waiting out the stand down period and final eye test.

In 2009 I was cleared to proceed but knocked back on the run side of the PAT after not being able to beat 10.15 after two attempts. My best was 10.24. My application was "terminated".

I challenged the decision, on the basis that I was not told I couldn't have multiple attempts (others had for example up to six goes at the run) and the time for my age (39 at the time) was well within the age time specification.

It went to the top and my application was allowed to continue, exposing shortfalls in the local recruiting procedures.

I completed and passed the PAT again. I have never had an issue with the PCT and passed that again too.

Then I was told my final medical showed high blood pressure problems and so, at my cost, I went through a months worth of bp tests, scans and so on. All were clear.

I received my letter of acceptance (and a bag woohoo)into the "pool" in late 2010.

I'm now 42 years old, still training, running and renewing certificates at my cost. It's getter harder to keep at the level I need to be and I never know whether that "number witheld" call is The One.

So, I am in the Pool with no guarantee that I will get selected and getting older by the day with no communication or support from the RO. My relationship with my local RO has certainly soured - in fact I haven't had a response from him for over 12 months, he used to send out regular update newsletters, if he still does that I don't get them. All my queries now divert to the WBoP RO in Rotorua, and her responses to email queries are just one liners saying I have yet to move forward but are still on the list. Meanwhile most of the peers I was on the waiting list with are now on the job.

My salary and perks in my current job now are so good I wonder if the right decision for me is to withdraw my application. The kids are leaving home and the wife and I are travelling locally and overseas on holiday. I quite like that.

Given the current morale in the establishment and the problems I have experienced going through the process, it's up to me to decide whether to proceed. I sort of don't want to give up what I have fought for but need to move on.

LEO
    LEO
    Assistant Commissioner
    Assistant Commissioner

Post by LEO Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:10 am

Hey Matt.

It's been said before - given the job and requirements to reflect the society it serves, Police have the legislative right to select people who fit certain criteria, and are not bound to hire people purely because they have applied.

In saying that, there is nothing you're saying that would make me hazard a guess as to what's holding you up...I have absolutely no clue. Especially compared to some of the muppets I have heard (and seen) come/coming out.

And as for your earlier question, about the name change; I figured that it might make me a bit more anonymous, given that I'm a bit...vocal. Being a tad unknown might be handy.

So do me a favour and go alter that earlier thread, replacing that name with Leo. OK!?!? Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content