NZESF.net

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Hi Everyone

Gary_b
    Gary_b
    SCOPE
    SCOPE

Number of posts : 1
    Position / Job Title : somewhere on the wait list!
    Registration date : 2010-07-03

Hi Everyone Empty Hi Everyone

Post by Gary_b Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:47 am

Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself, Ive been reading this forum for ages and for some reason have never registered.
    I'm hoping to be able to re- apply for the police at the end of the year.
    I had applied about 18 months ago but had to wait for a few demerit points to expire (nothing major just silly stuff from when I was a bit younger not driving with L plates).
    And also waiting a bit longer to make sure an old back injury doesn't come back to haunt me, not that it should be a problem I have a doctor, surgeon and physio letter to attach to my clearance cert.
    I was thinking of asking the Sargent at my local police station If they would mind if I tag along for a shift sometime (or would that be against the rules?)

Cheers

- Gary
    pd
    pd
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 92
    Position / Job Title : Trainee Dispatcher @ Central Comms & Wannabe Cop
    Registration date : 2009-04-13

Hi Everyone Empty Re: Hi Everyone

Post by pd Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:54 am

welcome!
    jacob
    jacob
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Number of posts : 180
    Position / Job Title : NZESF admin!!1!
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Post by jacob Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:50 am

hey welcome to the forums - good on ya for registering!

as per going out with police during a shift, it varies depending on which station you are asking at although usually the bigger stations tend to only let you 'tag along' as required with SCOPE and then you might be lucky enough to be invited out a few more times from there, i noticed one of the users here - mattz, said he's clocked up quite a few hours as part of scope. still, i'd recommend asking as you might just get to.
    Mattz
    Mattz
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Number of posts : 279
    Position / Job Title : In the pool, the Waiting Pool
    Registration date : 2008-08-09

Post by Mattz Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:21 am

Hi and welcome!

As cptbbb states, since my initial Scope a few of us hopefuls from Tauranga have been involved in Team Policing operations during events such as Labour Weekends, Easter, Blues Brews n BBQ's, New Years etc etc. Scope came first as it was then that we completed the personal indemnity paperwork, was fingerprinted and basically signed off on not suing Police if we get hurt.

So, Scope was first, but there were sometimes some tag alongs that were not part of an official scope arrangement. Smile
    Neats
    Neats
    Senior Constable
    Senior Constable

Number of posts : 41
    Position / Job Title : Volunteer Firefighter/Police wife
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

Post by Neats Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:27 pm

I know there are lots of instances around here of people being able to do ride alongs well before Scope, or even people who aren't applying but just want to know what the job is like. Most of the people I know who've been for a ride-along know a cop personally and ask them directly, but as the others say, there is no harm in asking at the station if you don't have any contacts. Good luck with the process!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:43 am